There are several ways to improve your life, but I think you know what will work for you better than I do, so why are you wasting your time reading this. There is no magic bullet.
Sadly, that hasn’t stopped anyone from writing and (more distressingly) from reading the following amusingly titled books.
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-free Productivity by David Allen
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey (Paperback – 4 Jan 1999)
- Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires by Esther Hicks and Jerry Hicks (Paperback – 28 April 2005)
- Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Stop Smoking (Allen Carrs Easy Way) by Allen Carr (Paperback – 5 Jan 2006)
- Change Your Life in Seven Days by Paul McKenna (Paperback – 31 Dec 2003)
- The Goddess Guide by Gisele Scanlon (Hardcover – 18 Sep 2006)
- Introducing NLP Neuro-Linguistic Programming by Joseph O’Connor and John Seymour (Paperback – Jan 2003)
- Affluenza by Oliver James (Hardcover – 25 Jan 2007)
- Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway: How to Turn Your Fear and Indecision into Confidence and Action by Susan Jeffers
- Screw It, Let’s Do It: Lessons in Life (Quick Reads) by Sir Richard Branson (Paperback – 2 Mar 2006)
I particularly like the sound of “Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway: How to Turn Your Fear and Indecision into Confidence and Action” that has me feeling really positive.
Let’s take another list of things that could make your life “better”:
- Turn on, tune in, drop out.
- Eat less: gluten | dairy | caffeine | sugar | eggs | meat | food.
- Eat more: green | fruits | dairy | protein | organic | bull semen.
- Do more: excercise | meditation | lists | smiling | yoga | sleeping | making love.
- Do less: smoking | drinking | sleeping | fucking | procrastinating.
- Reach for the best available thought™
- Pay more attention to what people say, you might learn something
- Don’t call violent people ‘fuck-ass’.
- Don’t keep it in.
- Blog more.
I could write about this for hours, you know why, because I’m making it up as I go on. The trick, is to find weak people, and then (re)package the bullshit into a form that they want to swallow, and administer 3 times a day, after meals.